Monday, July 25, 2016

Italy - 3

Hi, Ruthe decided to stay in the room for the afternoon of our second day in Rome as she was not feeling well. Therefore, I headed for the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain on my own.

Gas stations in Rome are unlike any I have seen before.  They occupy a small strip of sidewalk at the curb.

Further on I passed the Piazza del Popolo; in modern times translated as the people's plaza (above and two below).



When I reached the Spanish Steps I found them under restoration and not worth photographing due to all of the fencing and scaffolding. The only thing I photographed in the area was the Fontana della Barcaccia.

Above is a typical street scene in Rome.

My final destination was the Trevi Fountain (above and below).  I was impressed with the sculpture.


As I walked back to the hotel I encountered this street artist.  What was intriguing was his painting solely with spray cans.

This is one of his paintings.

These musicians were playing next to the artist.

I found this wall and steps on the far bank of the Tiber to be very interesting.

Thanks for looking. 

No comments: