Sunday, October 28, 2012

Car Show in Rockville, MD

Hi, On Saturday, 10/20 I attended a car show with friends Jim and Ila Beck on the grounds of  Rockville's Glenview Mansion.  Presented below are some of the cars I thought were most interesting among the hundreds present.  But first an overall view of most of the show.

I arrived about 9:00 AM and positioned myself to photograph cars as they arrived.  Below is what I think is a 1958 Corvette. 

Here is a LaSalle.

Ford pick up truck.

A 1959, I think, Cadillac.


This Cord was very interesting.  A few days later it was featured in the Washington Post car pages.

If I had bought a Corvair this is the one I would have liked to own.

A classic Jag.

I had a friend who's first car was a Sunbeam Tiger like this, but in British Racing Greeen.

A DeLorean.

A 1947 Studebaker.

I had to include a Rolls.  There were at least 1/2 dozen present.

An early Packard.

After most of the cars had arrived we walked around to see them on display.  Our first stop was a small group of vintage fire trucks.



While walking around we heard a steam whistle.  My first thought was that a steam locomotive was operating on CSX tracks about a mile away (not really probable).  However, the whistle was from this Stanley Steamer.

Another very interesting car was this Auburn.

I hope you enjoyed the photos.

No comments: